Thursday, October 4, 2007

Who Am I??

I am Nancy Sathre-Vogel, a beadwork artist, classroom teacher, and biker/adventurer. I've been around the world a time or two, and have finally decided to take the plunge into the blogging world. I hope to keep this blog updated with info about my beadwork - past and present.

I first started beading way back in the later 1980's. I was teaching on the Navajo reservation at the time and fell in love with the lovely beaded pieces I saw there. However, on my paltry teacher's salary, I was unable to buy them. One day, in a stroke of genius, I thought, "If I can figure out how to make them, I wouldn't have to pay so much!" Little did I know just how addictive beads can be, and I've now spent way more than I ever could have imagined on my little gems. That being said, they have also given me more hours of enjoyment than I ever thought possible, so in the end it was all worth it.

My beadwork started off simply. Very simply. In fact, these are the first two pieces I ever made:





























Pretty basic eh?? Now, nearly 20 years later, my work is much more involved and intricate:





























In the coming days I plan to post more pics of pieces I have already made, as well as post what I'm currently working on. I hope you come back frequently to see what's happening in my life!

Nancy

No comments: